The capital of Philippines, Manila is a city full of life and being. It is also highly developed and offers a variety of places to see, shows to watch and a unique cultural experience. Packed with people, the city is visited by tourists all year round and has lots of accommodation options because of which finding cheap hotels in Manila is an easy task.
Some of the places to visit in this bustling and active city are mentioned below.
1. Rizal Park spans over 150 acres and provides families opportunities to do a number of activities together. It is an ideal place for a picnic, with its Chinese and Japanese gardens and contains a skating rink. It also hosts music concerts periodically.
2. Manila Bay is one of the famous harbours of the city and offers the visitors a scenic experience by taking a boat into the bay and watching the sunset from a particular point.
3. Intramuros is the oldest district of the city of Manila and was constructed by the Spanish, which is reflected in its architecture. It contains the famous ancient structures of the city such as the Casa Manila, the Manila Cathedral, Palacio del Gobernador and Fort Santiago, a 17th century fort depicting the historical struggle of the people of Philippines, now a park and resident theatre for modern and traditional plays.
4. San Agustin Church and Museum is a privately owned museum which contains colonial oil paintings depicting the 16th and 17th centuries and plays a significant role in the history of Philippines.
5. Chinatown is located along the banks of the Pasig River and is an indicator of the long standing presence of the Chinese in the Philippines and provides visitors with culinary and shopping opportunities.
6. Coconut Palace was built as a guesthouse for the Pope’s visit in 1981. This is now a cultural centre in Manila. It is built entirely by coconut shells and materials from coconut trees and palm wood and contains fixtures made of 24carat gold. There is a guided tour for visitors.
7. Manila Ocean Park offers visitors the opportunity to observe numerous species of marine life through its 25 meter long walkway. There are also overhead tanks that provide a view of sea creatures above. Activities like shopping, snorkelling and scuba diving area also available.
8. Mount Pinatubo offers trekking, bathing in the hot springs or taking a boat to the crater created by the mountain’s eruption in 1991. The crater is especially scenic with the surrounding canyons.
9. Beaches near Manila are Puerto Azul and Marbella Marina, the latter being located at the coastal town of Cavite. Both beaches are an ideal location for families to relax and unwind.
10. Shopping destination par excellence, Manila has a number of places, malls and small stores alike, which can satisfy the shopping needs of visitors. Some of the popular places are Greenbelt shopping mall, SM mall of Asia, SM Mega mall, Harrison Plaza and numerous other handicraft stores and boutiques.
With so much to experience and visit, tourists can stay at any of the Manila hotels and have a memorable holiday with the family.